Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom Jeans and Minivans

This morning while watching the Today Show they had a segment about dating and their guest was a 27 year old single woman. I couldn't stop staring at her...she looked so...OLD. And then it hit me, I'm 29. Two years OLDER.

This June I turn 30 and once in a while it just catches me off guard and I start to hyperventilate a little. I know 30 isn't really old by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even think 60 is old. But I think the point is that at 30 it's like you automatically are forced to grow up.

Ok, so Jared and I have been married for ten years and I have three kids. Theoretically, I should of become a grown up years ago. But really I have never felt like an adult. I have an obscene obsession with glitter and Gossip Girl, I still shop in the juniors section of any store and to me there is no such thing as too much lip gloss. I'm the girl who wants to learn how to shoot a gun, but it absolutely must be hot pink with rhinestones on the handle. Side note: Jared says that is silly because the bad man will see my gun miles away. I replied, "No, cause odds are I will be wearing a hot pink, glittery shirt so it will blend in"

Getting older doesn't really bother me...being the inappropriate mom with fake boobs and pigtails kind of does. But I realize this is all because I care what people think of me. And when it comes down to either lip gloss and VS PINK hoodies or mom jeans and minivans ..well, inappropriate it is!

3 comments:

  1. <3 my favorite lip gloss is pink grapefruit from Bath and Body. It is highly reccomended. And the other day I saw a pink kayak at MC Sports. I have never kayak-ed (or whatever) and have never had the desire to do so, until I saw that they come in pink. The way I see it, B, is that we are in touch with the little things that cause a burst of happiness or giggles, regardless of how small. Some people have no idea what makes them happy, even if it's just the temporary kind that comes covered in sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary that is exactly why I love you and I know you understand me :) I say we go kayaking with the pink kayak and make it into a reality show.

    We will make millions :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that you'd be Brooke without glitter and lip gloss. Who says those things can't be included in aging gracefully?

    But I have to agree with Jared on the pink gun. More specifically, I remember you "teaching me how to fight off an attacker", which involved laying on my back and flailing wildly, and I truly believe you'd be safer unarmed.

    ReplyDelete