Saturday, July 30, 2011

Take a look, it's in a book...

It's reading rainbooowwww...

Already, I digress. But I know without a doubt that Jordy Laforge (ten points for knowing that reference) would recommend my new favortite book as well.

Please do yourself a favor and immediately purchase and read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I started reading this book Friday night about 10 pm and read until I could no longer keep my eyes open.  Then I woke up on Saturday, opened some yogurt for my kids and went right back to reading, until I finished.

It's raw, and true, and poignant and funny and warm and Southern (which is always my favorite attribute).




And if that wasn't enough, they've made a movie. I will most deifinitely be paying for the excruciatingly over priced movie ticket to see it opening weekend :) LOVE the cast!

3 comments:

  1. You do realize that they are going to completely change the book on this one right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do realize that you CANNOT go see this without me!

    ReplyDelete