Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Today is the first day of Lent. Here's a link to everyones favorite educational website that explains exactly what Lent is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent

I am trying to think of something to abstain from for 40 days. Something that would really mean something. Something that I would have to work pretty hard to give up. I have attempted this is the past, without success.

This year I choose Starbucks. For those of you who know me, know that this is a true sacrifice.

Part of me thinks this seems silly and insignificant compared to the sacrifice Jesus made for me. But really can any sacrifice I make come anywhere near the one He made for me? I think not.

Starbucks is my drug of choice. I don't think I have gone a week without it in years. Maybe I should lock myself in my room for the withdrawl phase...otherwise my husband may leave me and may kids may run away

4 comments:

  1. my typing skills are really not on point today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand that sacrifice. I made a choice to attempt a year long fast this year, choosing to abstain from Dr. Pepper, Coke, sodas in general, and sweet tea. It's not easy, but I haven't had a DP in 2011. And I would say I like the DP as much as you do Starbucks. If I can do it, you can do it, because I'm not exactly the epitome of self-discipline. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgive me in advance for staying away from you while you go through withdrawls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Maybe if you know that they are one of the highest contributing companies dollars wise funding abortions, does that help? They also give their employees the option to have money taken straight from their paychecks to go to abortion centers. You can research it for yourself. I actually encourage it. Maybe I'm wrong but this is what I have found to be true.

    ReplyDelete