Monday, March 7, 2011

Drama Judy

So, years ago my brother coined the term "Drama Judy". It stemmed from this lady he worked with who always had some kind of dramatic situation going on and I am guessing was named Judy...she was one of those people who when you say, "How are you today?" doesn't give the normal, "Good how are you?" response but always has some new trauamatic sob story about how her cat might have cancer.

I have to say I have known my share of Drama Judy's. And I have had my fill and then some...I have purposely cleansed them from my life. But apparently I need to do the same with my facebook.

 So, FYI, if you feel the need to be a giant drama judy on your facebook status...I will "hide" you. Possibly delete you. Facebook is certainly not the place to broadcast your daily "woe is me" babble.

Scenario - I am in a good mood...the kids were happy this morning, I got my daily workout in and now I feel like sitting down with a delicious cup of coffee and logging onto facebook. I see so and so had a good weekend, or look, new pictures of such and such's baby. How cute...and then, dun dun dun...someone has to be a drama judy and post some sort of wah wah wah and the theme music from Debbie Downer immediately goes through my head. Thanks so much for that pick me up! (sarcasm font would really come in handy at this moment)

Rereading today's blog...I sound hateful and maybe a little wah wah wah myself. Doesn't change the fact that maybe we should consider shipping all the drama judy's of this world to their own island. Kind of like survivor and the object of the game is to OutSad everyone by making them all feel sorry for you.

4 comments:

  1. ROFL. This was totally hilarious. Thanks for making me look like an idiot at work, sitting here laughing at your post. You're so good with word pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to keep my drama to a minimum, but I can't help it...my emotion just pours out of me like a river pent up by a dam for too long....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks friend, I know that must be hard :)

    ReplyDelete