Tuesday, March 1, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog?

First let me say one thing, I am under no delusion that people will actually want to read this...but with that in mind here goes...

My friend Mary sent me a link to her blog today. I absolutely loved reading her thoughts. Her particular blog seemed like a kind of theraputic tool for what she is presently going through, a sort of declaration of imperfection and it was so raw and real and I loved being a tiny part of her world for those two or so minutes. So, needless to say, I was inspired to write my own.

My life is completely normal and uninteresting in every way. So mostly, I am writing this for me. I love love love to write, love to attempt to put into words what my boring life is all about. I've read other blogs in the past...ok, well, one. And I hated it. Not because it was terrible or inconsequential, but because this woman made me feel like a crappy mom. Please understand I am in no way blaming her for making me feel this way, that comes from my own insecurity, but every damn day it was some new craft she had made for the starving children in Africa, or how she had worked for seventy three hours, balanced the national budget and had time to make homemade syrup to put atop the pancake feast she made for the entire homeless population of Kansas City. Really, she is a pretty cool chick, but I let myself be intimidated by it all.

So, this was my perception of what a "blog" was and what sort of people had them. Today, Mary made me see things differently. Although I would like to take this oppurtuniy to point out that her blog actually serves a greater purpose. Whereas mine is just babble about myself, my life, my thoughts, my insecurties, my fears, my triumphs, my failures, my family etc. and it will probably be boring.

9 comments:

  1. I read it, and I don't find you boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honor me and humble me, and I thank God for your sweetness and humpr that you have shared with me for years! I love you Brookie Lynnie and I had Curt read your blog because it was freaking hilarious. Sock Puppets, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Brooke and will always read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo!, while you was makin a babay, i was slammin some MONSTER and DGAFing with my bros. Then, me and my bros impregnated 6,789 chicks at the same time! All the little DGAFers are due in BROvember

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you could be boring if you tried.:)

    ReplyDelete