Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Decree

I am a little out of my mind and ready for school to start...today I wrote this decree to my kids. I'm sure they will completely ignore it, but I made myself laugh. I have every intention of posting it on my door on a large piece of hot pink poster board.

"Dear precious babies that I love more than anything in this whole world,

Please read the following in your best British accent-

Hear Ye Hear Ye!
Please comply with the following request. Failure to do so may result in bodily injury.

If you come looking for me and find this door closed, it is in your best interest to RUN AWAY...If you need immediate assistance please go and find A) Your Father, B) A non-creepy neighbor or C) the X-box.
The only expection to this rule is if you are bleeding to death or something is on fire and you are pretty sure you can't put it out on your own.

If this door is open, please feel free to bombard me with all your woes and/or shenanigans, including but not limited to- tattling on A) Jenna for karate chopping your face, B) Cameron for jumping off of the sofa and hanging from the ceiling fan or C) Austin for referring to you as a "dramatic weiner"

I appreciate your comlpiance with the above and love you to infinity.
Mom"

I am confident that this will most likely result in lots of banging and kicking of my door coupled with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

Or maybe they will give me five minutes to myself :)

1 comment: